Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Year & A Newborn

Wow, 2013 already! For some reason, when you get older the year seems to go quicker! Is that just me or does anyone else feel the same? what happened to yesterday?

Jeffrey R. Holland once said; The start of a New Year is the traditional time to take stock of our lives and see where we are going, measured against the backdrop of where we have been...The past is to be learned from but not lived in. 

When learning from our past and as the biggest offender for living in the past (I'm only speaking of myself here), my husband and I often refer each other to Disney's movie 'The Lion King', when Rafiki hits Simba on the head with a stick Simba says: 
Ow, Geez what was that for?
Rafiki: It doesn't matter, it's in the past 
Simba: Yeah but it still hurts 
Rafiki: Oh yes, the past can hurt, but from the way I see it you can either run from it or ... learn from it!

Fortunately my first photo-shoot of the year was a new little life. Nothing but the future ahead of him and lots of memories yet to create!!! 

I am looking forward to another exciting year, new resolutions and new memories (with a past full of lessons!), Lets "learn from the past, live in the present, plan for the future"

Welcome to the world little man and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mel, it'll be your turn soon ;) (for photo's that is, not a baby)

    ReplyDelete